1. Who is responsible for processing your data?
The Data Controller of your data is the BASQUE CULINARY CENTER HEZKUNTZA FUNDAZIOA, whose registered office is Donostia-San Sebastián (Guipúzcoa), Paseo Juan Avelino Barriola, no. 101, registered in the Foundations Register of the Basque Country under registration number F-309, and holding fiscal identification number (CIF) G-75051813.
2. How do we obtain your data?
The data processed by the BCCH are obtained from you, the User, through (i) the different forms that you fill out while browsing the WEBSITE (e.g. registration form as a user of the WEBSITE, contact forms, information request forms, forms relating to job offers and/or selection processes, etc.); or (ii) by sending an email with an enquiry.
In addition, you are informed of the possible processing of your social media data through the corporate profiles that the BCCH keeps available on each social network in which it has a presence, all according to the terms and conditions established by each social network.
The provision of the data collected in the forms available on the WEBSITE is mandatory when they are identified by an asterisk (*) and failure to provide this information will make it impossible to manage your request, whether it concerns your registration as a User, a request for information, a subscription to our newsletter service or any other service featured on the WEBSITE.
3. What type of data do we process?
The data processed by the BCCH are those that you have provided by means of the relevant forms that we use to formalize our contract with you and/or information sent by email, as well as other information that, where applicable, we obtain from the corporate profiles of the BCCH on the social networks on which we have a presence.
4. For what purpose do we process your data, and with what legitimacy?
- In particular, the BCCH processes the following data categories, depending on the use you make of the WEBSITE:
- Identification and contact information (e.g. name, surname, ID document, postal address, email address, telephone number, etc.).
- The codes and passwords you use as a registered user of the WEBSITE.
- Internet browsing data (e.g. IP address, visits to web pages, connections to Wi-Fi networks, etc.).
- Data on personal characteristics, training, employment, etc. (in the case of job offers/applications and the BCCH selection processes that you participate in voluntarily).
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes:
- To manage and process your registration as a User, when this is possible.
- To manage the access and use of the content and services that the BCCH makes available on its WEBSITE, including the blog, social media or any other functionality that may be accessible on the WEBSITE at any time.
- To manage and process requests for information, suggestions, complaints or claims made through the WEBSITE or by email.
- To send Users by different means, including electronically, commercial correspondence and advertising of the BCCH and/or the BASQUE CULINARY CENTER FUNDAZIOA in relation to the products, services, offers, promotions and any other relevant information concerning these entities and the activities they engage in in the fields of training and gastronomy, provided that you have given your consent.
- To manage your job application or registration for job offers and your participation in the corresponding selection processes.
- The processing of your personal data by the BCCH, in accordance with the applicable law, is based on the consent given at the time your personal data are collected, which you provide voluntarily by means of the mechanisms established for this purpose on the WEBSITE.
You are reminded that you may, at any time, revoke your consent freely and free of charge in accordance with the terms indicated in Section 7 below.
5. Who do we share your personal data with?
You are informed that your personal data may be shared with the following third parties:
- Public bodies and administrations to which the BCCH has a legal obligation to communicate its data.
- Provided you have given your consent, to the associated entity of the BASQUE CULINARY CENTER FUNDAZIOA and/or other entities associated with the BCCH and/or the BASQUE CULINARY CENTER FUNDAZIOA, in order to deal with your requests and enquiries, to send you commercial correspondence on those entities and their respective activities or products, and/or to manage your participation in selection processes conducted by those entities.
We do not envisage making any international transfers of your data.
6. How long do we keep your data?
As a general rule, your personal data will be kept until such time as you revoke your consent or ask for them to be deleted, as well as for the time necessary to comply with the legal obligations that the BCCH is required to observe.
In all cases, you are informed that the BCCH has established internal data cleansing policies which are intended to control the storage periods of the personal data under its control, so these data may be cancelled when they are no longer necessary and/or appropriate for the purpose for which they were collected.
7. What are your rights?
The applicable data protection law grants you a series of rights related to your personal data which you can exercise while they are being processed. These rights are detailed below:
- Access to your data: you have the right to access your data to know what personal information about you we are processing.
- Request rectification or deletion of your data: in certain circumstances you have the right to rectify inaccurate personal data that concern you which are subject to processing by us, or even ask us to delete data when, amongst other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
- Request the limitation of the processing of your data: in certain circumstances you have the right to request the limitation of the processing of your data, in which case you are informed that we only keep your data to deal with or defend any claims or complaints as envisaged by the applicable data protection law.
- Request the portability of your data: in certain circumstances you have the right to receive the personal data that concerns you, and which has been made available to us, in a structured format for common use and mechanical reading, and to transmit them to another data controller.
- Oppose the processing of your data: in certain circumstances, and for reasons related to your particular situation, you have the right to object to the processing of your data, in which case we will stop processing them unless, for compelling legal reasons or to deal with or defend any potential claims or complaints, they need to be preserved.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without this affecting the legality of the processing based on your consent prior to its withdrawal.
You may exercise these rights by writing to the BCCH at the postal address given in Section 1 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Finally, you are informed that you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the competent Data Control Authority (in Spain, the Spanish Data Protection Agency), especially when you have not obtained a satisfactory response in exercising your rights. You can contact this Authority at the following website: www.aepd.es
8. Security measures
The BCCH will process your data at all times in the strictest confidence, adhering to the mandatory duty of secrecy, in accordance with the provisions of the applicable data protection law, adopting for this purpose the necessary technical and organizational measures to guarantee the security of your data and avoid its alteration, loss, treatment or unauthorized access, taking into account the state of the technology, the nature of the stored data, and the risks to which they are exposed.
9. Cookies policy
In addition, you are informed that this WEBSITE has established a Cookies Policy which is accessible at the following link: